Sunday, December 28, 2008

Day Uno




Hellloooo, Everyone!

I made it.

The flight from Orlando went smoothly. I flew into JFK at 9:30am Eastern time this morning and caught a cab to my new apartment. It's quaint. My room is the size of my aunt's walk-in closet, but I like it a lot. I'll make it my own once I've lived here longer. (My house is to the left.)

My roommates are all out of town. It's peculiar because when I walked in, there is a turtle in a cage on the living room table, water bottles half empty in the kitchen, and a teapot on the stove. My landlord left a note saying no one is home until January. It still seems odd considering the signs of life in the apartment. Who knows. I suppose I will feed the turtle who I presume to be Niel. ( There is a sticky note in the bathroom that reads "Feed Niel!")


 
 
I got here pretty early this morning, unpacked, and ventured out of the house. I live right off of a very busy street called Jamaica Street in Queens. I walked around awhile ( attempting to look like I knew where I was going-- I failed). I got hit on, told I resembled a hoe, payed far too much for lunch, and bought groceries not considering the fact that I had to carry them all the way home. I'm not in Panama City anymore. My car was not parked just outside. I had something like 6 bags to carry and I was about 10 or so blocks from home. One would think this would go through a person's when checking out, but common sense tends to wane when you are in a very unfamiliar place, paying $7 dollars for off-brand cereal, and suffering from sleep deprivation. ( My street-- 88th Street to the left)


ALL is well. The Lord is good. I've gotten an e-mail from the other Graffiti intern, and he says that he has friends in town and would love to show me around. I'll take him up on his offer come tomorrow. For now, I think I'm going to read and relax and get ready for this next week. I already miss home,  but I assume that's normal. I'll be posting more pictures of my room and the citylater this week. 

I love you all and will keep you posted on how I'm doing.

Cody

*E-mail: HijadelDios89@gmail.com




1 comment:

  1. Cody! I'm so glad to read that you made it ok. This is awesome of you to keep a blog...it really will help us all feel more connected to what's happening with you up there.

    Now...(*takes on authoritative tone*), young lady, you be careful about walking around by yourself up there. This is exactly what I was worried about. We want to do the work of the Kingdom, but we want to be wise as serpents too. When will you no longer be alone? We'll certainly be praying for you. Please be safe.

    ReplyDelete